So you are ready to start playing roulette and want some roulette strategies and roulette tips. You should start with basic strategies that will help you learn the workings of roulette.
Below are a couple of basic roulette strategies that will get you going!
2 Dozens Progression
This strategy is basically playing the odds, although the risk to return ration is quite high. In other words you can lose quite a bit of money for a small return. You should practise this strategy with “play” money before using your own!
- Identify your unit value. This strategy has the potential to lose 80 units in a session, so to give yourself a buffer, you should always have 240 units in your account. Therefore divide the amount of money in your account by 240. For example, if you have $1,000 in your gambling pot, divide it by 240 to get 4.17. Round this to 4 and your unit amount will be $4.
- Look at the last spin results and identify the dozen where the ball landed.
- Bet 1 unit on each of the other two dozens and spin the wheel.
- If you win, start again at step 1. You will always win 1 unit.
- If you lose, bet 3 units on the same two dozens. Use the following progression of units if you lose: 1,3,9,27 or until you win.
- A good guideline is to finish a session if you either win 25% (20 units) of your total risk or if you go through a whole progression without winning. Log out of the casino and wait a while before starting a new session.
On every spin you have a 65% chance (European wheel, 63% on an American wheel) of winning, so to spin 4 times in a row without winning will happen very rarely. This strategy works for online casinos and also in land based casinos.
Although this is a very easy roulette strategy, it does seem to produce fairly good results. It has to do with repetition theory, where only about half of all the numbers on a roulette wheel come up in any 36 spins.
As you can see, this is not really a long-term roulette strategy, as eventually the spins will even out. So use this as a diversion from your more serious strategies.
- Identify your unit value. This strategy has the potential to lose 36 units in a session, so to give yourself a buffer, you should always have 160 units in your account. Therefore divide the amount of money in your account by 160. For example, if you have $1,000 in your gambling pot, divide it by 160 to get 6.25. Round this to 6 and your unit amount will be $6.
- Spin the wheel without betting anything and keep track of the results. Identify the first repeating number and bet one unit on it. Spin the wheel.
- If you win, you will get 36 units back and you can start over beginning at step 1.
- If you lose, keep betting one unit and spinning the wheel. Continue to spin the wheel until you win or for 36 spins.
- A good guideline is to finish a session if you either win 25% (9 units) of your total risk or if you go through a whole progression without winning. Log out of the casino and wait a while before starting a new online craps session.